SCANROC Warranty Obligations
SCANROC Declaration of Warranty
System at the acceptance point
If SCANROC components are delivered to the customer by SCANROC transport, SCANROC is fully responsible for:
- compliance with delivery deadlines set by the contract;
- supplying all SCANROC facade system components according to the Item List to the contract both in quantity and quality according to P-6 and P-7 instructions in effect or other regulations specified by the contract.
Should customers take over the facade system components themselves, responsibility is transferred at SCANROC shipping warehouse.
Transfer of responsibility for other delivery modes is regulated by INCOTERMS-2010.
If any defects are identified in the acceptance process, immediately notify SCANROC manager in charge for the contract, who will provide you will brief instruction on further actions. Do not proceed with unpacking defective facade system components until a complaint report is drawn up with mandatory presence of SCANROC representative.
All defects at this stage can be divided into three groups:
- defects due to violation of handling rules;
- defects due to violation of transport conditions;
- production defects.
System at a warehouse/construction site
System components on-site or in a warehouse shall be stored following SCANROC Storage Conditions.
If component defects are detected during storage, call for SCANROC representative to draw up a Claim Report. Packaging must not be damaged.
System in the installation process
SCANROC system components shall be installed pursuant to SCANROC Facade Design and SCANROC Ventilated Facade Installation Rules.
If any defects in the system components are detected during the installation process, immediately inform SCANROC representative, put aside packages with defective components and follow the instructions of the manager in charge for your contract.
All defects at this stage can be divided into three groups:
- hidden defects due to violations of transportation conditions, loading and unloading operations, and that were not detected in the acceptance and delivery process;
- defects that occurred due to violation of storage conditions after acceptance of the system components for warehouse storage;
- hidden defects that occurred due to disturbances in the production processes, which is unlikely;
- defects due to improper installation;
- defects due to failure to comply with SCANROC Ventilated Facade Installation Rules.
System in operation
All defects during operation can be divided into several groups:
- Defects in the bearing part of the structure (foundation settlement, violation of wall geometry, etc.), which caused deformation of the facade plane;
- facade defects due to the incorrect design of the facade system;
- facade defects due to negligence of installation works, violation of installation rules, deviation from the facade system design;
- facade defects due to facade vandalism.
SCANROC warranty covers only cases under its control
7-year warranty for SCANROC system components
According to DSTU standards, the guarantee for the components of the facade ventilated system is 5.5 years. However SCANROC willingly provides warranty, which is set out in the contract as follows:
Warranty period for the system makes at least 7 years from the date of commissioning, provided that the consumer complies with the system’s operating rules.
30-year warranty for SCANROC facade system
I. Warranty statement
The manufacturer guarantees the quality of the delivered products for 30 years. Warranty beyond the statutory warranty period is provided as purchase of the product is the building owner’s long-term investment, which significantly increases the real property value. The manufacturer guarantees during the warranty period that the product will be free of the below mentioned defects under the conditions set out below and that it will retain properties specified in relevant compulsory technical standards and generally binding legal regulations subject to normal use under standard weather conditions. The manufacturer voluntarily assumes obligations in accordance with European Union regulations. Liability for the defects during the first two years from the date of delivery of the product shall be governed by generally binding legal provisions, in particular Act 2099/2012 Coll., the Civil Code as amended and Act No. 634/1992 3b on the protection of consumer rights, if the buyer is a consumer.
II. Warranty essence
1. The manufacturer guarantees the quality of its products, in addition to its contractual obligations, for a limited period of 30 years from the date of delivery, subject to the terms and conditions below. This warranty may be transferred to any other owner of the property on which the product has been installed, provided that this warranty and the original receipt (invoice) are transferred to the new owner of the property, and the rights under this warranty are transferred to the new owner of the property.
2. The warranty is to ensure that during the warranty period
(a) the product retains its structural integrity and appearance,
(b) product properties are not deteriorated under the effect of frost,
c) the product protects the property from weather fluctuations and functions as active protection throughout the warranty period.
III. Warranty terms and scope
1. This warranty pertains to the use of the product during renovations and the construction of new facilities.
2. This warranty does not cover defects caused by misuse, unauthorized and unusual construction procedures or construction procedures contradictory to these of the technical standards, changes in the construction object or foundation in whole or in part, or use in contradiction with the installation instructions contrary to the manufacturer’s recommendations. In addition, this warranty does not cover defects caused by vandalism, accident, earthquake, flood, explosion, fire, impact of foreign objects, acid rain, unusual Arctic frost, improper transportation or storage, or any other cause beyond the manufacturer’s control.
3. The warranty shall be terminated if the owner of the property does not allow the manufacturer or persons appointed by the manufacturer to carry out product analysis and testing.
4. The warranty covers the following terms and conditions:
a) The facade system shall be installed by an entity whose employees have been trained by the manufacturer in SCANROC system installation techniques;
b) Training certificate shall be valid as of the installation date;
c) Installer of SCANROC facade system provided the manufacturer with properly executed SCANROC facade installation and inspection plan.
5. In the event of a defect in the supplied product within the first two years of delivery, the manufacturer shall deliver the new product free of charge or, where the complaint is justified, grant a discount on the reasonable claimed part of the product. Delivery of a new product means replacement of a certain faulty part of the facade system with a new one, rather than replacement of the entire supplied facade system.
6. Starting from the third year of the warranty, the manufacturer shall deliver a new product or its part in the event of a reasonably justified defect in order to replace the defective product or provide financial compensation as a percentage of the initial purchase price as follows:
7. Sample calculation for 30 years:
3rd warranty year: 80% of the initial purchase price, including VAT,
5th warranty year: 70% of the initial purchase price, including VAT,
10th warranty year: 50% of the initial purchase price, including VAT,
20th warranty year: 20% of the initial purchase price, including VAT,
30th warranty year: 5% of the initial purchase price, including VAT.
This warranty does not require the manufacturer to pay any costs or losses incurred in connection with its use and is legally unenforceable.
8. This warranty is only valid if the entity that installs the facade system for the end-user pays all its obligations to the manufacturer in due time.
9. On behalf of the end-user, the manufacturer may require the facade system Installer to provide a document evidencing certification by the manufacturer and absence of due obligations to the manufacturer.
10. This warranty is provided free of charge and is not included in the purchase price of the product.
11. By issuing this warranty certificate, the manufacturer certifies that the terms and conditions laid down in this warranty certificate have been fulfilled.
100-year operation at no extra cost
All system’s components are designed to last long and have about the same life cycle.
SCANROC ventilated facade system does not entail any extra costs other than pressure washing every few years (depending on environmental pollution factors).
regarding voluntary SCANROC 30-year warranty
Need an advisory letter?
To receive a substantiated and full answer, please fill in the following fields
Come and see us!
41 Volhohradska Street
Kyiv, 03110, Ukraine
Write to us!
SCANROC ON SOCIAL MEDIA